August 12, 2020
Happy Valley School Safety Plan:
Our goal at Happy Valley School is to provide a safe, positive on-campus learning environment for families who wish to send their children to campus for instruction.
The safety of our students and staff are of upmost importance; and thus, we wish to share our operational plan to mitigate the risks on campus.
Health Check Prior to leaving Home:
- A parent must check their child’s temperature and check for any symptoms that would prevent them from attending school. Please review our home Health Screening information.
- Daily sanitizing of all surfaces on each bus after morning and afternoon routes.
- Assigned seating on buses.
- We recommend students to social distancing while waiting at the bus stop, loading, and unloading the bus.
- All students and staff will be required to wear a face covering that properly covers both mouth and nose.
- Daily disinfecting of all surfaces utilizing state of the art, electrostatic cleaning machines and enhanced, regular cleaning of high touch point areas. All chemicals are EPA approved and are not harmful to humans.
- Students should bring a water bottle to campus for personal use.
- Students will utilize their own school supplies and keep their belongings in their backpacks or desks throughout the day.
- Safety training in procedures for maintaining safety on campus.
- Air quality checked by regular maintenance of our HVAC unit with frequent change of air filters.
- Health and hygiene posters posted and reviewed with students and employees.
- Students will report directly to their classroom upon arrival, unless attending before school care.
- Students will be advised and guided to follow all safety/health protocols and requirements while attending before and after school care.
- Staff members will visually assess students upon arrival to campus for symptoms of illness.
- Staff members will take temperatures of students every morning.
- Any student with a temperature over 100.4 or visible symptoms will be immediately isolated from classroom and parent contacted.
- Face coverings are required in the building when social distancing of less than 6 feet is not possible.
- Hand Hygiene will be required at regular intervals throughout the day.
- Campus visitors are limited to essential workers. Parents and Guardians are not permitted past the front office at this time.
- Organized classroom layout designed to allow for social distancing as much as possible.
- Recess time staggered to allow for social distancing with other classrooms.
- Students will remain with their class throughout the school day, minimizing mixing between groups during the academic day.
- Parents are encouraged to call or email questions to the front desk staff to limit physical contact.
- Students will receive a no-touch system for individual meals through Healthy Innovations or a student may bring meals from home.
- Cafeteria designed to allow for physical distance between classes and students.
- Enhanced sanitizing procedures in the lunch area both before and after usage.